Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Whanu Awhina Plunket- RN/WCTO trained/NetP Nurse - Hamilton
New Entry to Practice Nurse (NetP)
Registered Nurse/WCTO trained nurse
Kotahi mano ngā rā hiki te oranga mo ngā whakatipuranga, i roto i ngā hapori
At Whānau Āwhina Plunket we believe that in the first 1000 days of a child’s life, we can make the difference of a lifetime.
- Are you looking for a community-based nursing role, prioritizing well child services for Tamariki?
- Do you want to start and continue your career from New Entry to Practice Nurse to Qualified Plunket nurse?
- Are you passionate about improving health outcomes for tamariki and whānau?
Whānau Āwhina Plunket is the largest service in Aotearoa supporting the health and wellbeing of tamariki under-five and their whānau.
We have taken to heart the need for health and community service providers to work better with iwi providers and whānau Māori to ensure services meet their needs. We have embarked on a pro-equity journey where we give life to the Treaty principles of tino rangatiratanga, partnership, active protection, equity and options in our mahi/work to ensure healthy tamariki, confident whānau and connected communities.
This pro-equity journey is creating exciting career opportunities - if you would like to contribute to the important mahi we do, nau mai, haere mai.
We have full and part time roles available.
What we will offer you
A place in a great team where we all care about making a difference for tamariki and Whānau / we all care about making life easier for our people who are working directly with tamariki and their whānau
- Programmes to build your cultural competence so you can contribute to our goals most effectively
- Start date January 17th, or by negotiation
What we’re looking for
- An understanding of how the application of Te Tiriti o Waitangi helps achieve equitable health outcomes for whānau Māori is essential
- A commitment to live our values; kia māia – to be courageous, kia Māhaki – to be humble, kia manaaki – to care and kia tūhono – to stand in relationship.
- Works in partnership
- An outstanding nurse with well-developed critical reasoning
- Team player
- Time management
- Commitment to funded post graduate certificate
To view the position description or to apply for this role please refer to www.plunket.org.nz/careers. For further information please contact Waikato Clinical Leaders Liz Jessup 027 29 57 112, Jenna Sneddon 021 246 2790, Cheryl Phillips 027 203 8910
Applications close 28th November 2021
Apply now to join us in our mahi
Whānau Āwhina Plunket has an Immunisation Policy regarding required or recommended vaccinations for all Plunket people (related to COVID as well as other infectious diseases). We require all our kaimahi to be vaccinated for COVID-19 in line with our requirements under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
As a part of the recruitment process, we will ask about your COVID-19 immunisation status for all roles, and will ask you to provide proof of vaccination if successful. If you are concerned, have questions, or have a medical contraindication that you would like to discuss, please feel free to discuss this with our recruitment team or the hiring manager for this role.