Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Whānau Āwhina Plunket - Plunket Nurse / Registered Nurse - Tauranga
Whānau Āwhina Plunket
Plunket Nurse / Registered Nurse Tauranga
Kotahi mano ngā rā hiki te oranga mo ngā whakatipuranga, i roto i ngā hapori
At Whānau Āwhina Plunket we believe that in the first 1000 days of a child’s life, we can make the difference of a lifetime.
Passionate about improving health outcomes for children and their whanau?
- Experience working and supporting communities?
- Confident in your understanding of tikanga and mātauranga Māori?
It’s exciting times at Whānau Āwhina Plunket as we breathe life into a new vision and embark on a strategic journey over the next five years aimed at achieving intergenerational change, and really making a difference to the lives of all New Zealand children, families and whānau. We believe that in the first 1000 days of a child’s life, we can make the difference of a lifetime
Whānau Āwhina Plunket people are passionate about what they do and have a shared desire to make a positive difference.
You’ll play a vital part in assessing baby’s development at key stages, promoting health and education for children up to five years of age and supporting whanau to develop their self-determined goals for their tamariki. You’ll manage a client portfolio and will enjoy building relationships with whanau and families.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to work 0.7 FTE to provide client services within Tauranga, Bay of Plenty region. You will be well supported within our team. If your values align with our values, and our mission resonates with you, if you feel you are up to the challenge then we want to hear from you!
To be successful in this position, you will be:
- A Registered Nurse
- An understanding of equity
- Committed to undertaking a one-year postgraduate certificate programme in Well Child Health funded by Whanau Awhina Plunket
- Committed to practising in a manner that reflects the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- An excellent communicator and fluent in written and spoken English
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships within the community, clients, and Whanau Awhina Plunket Staff
- Have a full New Zealand driver's licence with the ability to drive a manual car
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Experienced working with families from diverse cultural and socio economic backgrounds
We offer a supportive working environment, supervision, training, and professional development opportunities.
To view the position description or to apply for this role please refer to www.plunket.org.nz/careers.
For further information please contact Sandra Shanly Clinical Leader 0272902647
Applications close 5.00pm Friday the 3rd December 2021
Whānau Āwhina Plunket have updated their Immunisation Policy regarding required or recommended vaccinations for all Plunket people (related to COVID as well as other infectious diseases). As a part of the recruitment process, we will also ask about your COVID-19 immunisation status for all roles and may ask you to provide proof of vaccination if successful. If you are concerned, have questions, or have a medical contraindication that you would like to discuss, please feel free to discuss this with our recruitment team or the hiring manager for this role.