Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Plunket – Whanau Awhina.
He Karanga atu mo nga Nehi Maori Katoa.
We are calling to all Registered Nurses including all Maori Nurses to apply for various roles across the Motu of Tamaki Makaurau, te taha Tonga – South Auckland, te taha Hauaru – West Auckland me te taha Rauwhiti – East Auckland.
Nau mai Haere Mai nga roopu Nehi Maori me nga Wahine toa kia tipu te reo Maori mo nga mahi Whanau Awhina – Plunket!
Welcome, welcome, welcome to our Maori Nurses to bring your motivation in Te Reo maori as our tikanga tuatahi for the total wellbeing of our tamariki and whanau, hapu and Iwi for Whanau Awhina – Plunket.
Whanau Awhina “-I roto I te tuatahi mano ra hangai he whakriterite tarai I te orange noa!”
Plunket –“In the first 1000 days we make the difference of a lifetime!”
Positions available in West Auckland, Counties Manukau, East Auckland and Central Auckland
*New graduate applications welcome*
We are seeking motivated Registered Nurses to join our busy Auckland teams to deliver Well Child Tamariki Ora services in line with our three overarching goals;
Healthy tamariki – We make sure every child/tamariki has the opportunity to be as healthy and well as they can be. (0-5 years)
Confident whānau – We build the confidence and knowledge of whānau and families across New Zealand.
Connected communities – We make sure no family/whānau is left isolated, disconnected or unable to cope.
Working for Plunket gives you the opportunity to contribute to ensuring New Zealand is a place where all Tamariki and whānau thrive.
What we offer: A welcoming and thorough orientation to support you to become familiar with the requirements of the Plunket Nurse role, informed by our strategies, people, systems and policies.
- Get paid to study during the completion of a one year post graduate certificate in Tamariki Ora/Well Child Health.
- A safe working environment that values your health and wellbeing
- Competitive pay rates in line with Nursing MECA – move to step 5 on completion of the PG Cert https://www.plunket.org.nz/assets/Uploads/PLUNKET-NZNO-Collective-Agreement-13-September-2019-to-1-March-2021.pdf
- Technology to support your role (Smart phone and Tablet/computer)
- A confidential employee assistance programme
- Flexible day time hours, part time and full time (minimum 0.6FTE)
- Supportive learning environment for new graduate Nurses
- Return to Nursing Competency assessment Programme
- Career pathways for leaders and educators
- New graduate nurses may be eligible for the Voluntary Bonding Scheme offered by the Ministry of Health – a payment of $8,499 after your first 3 years of practice – see https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/health-workforce/voluntary-bonding-scheme
Success in this role requires an appreciation and understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and a commitment to improving outcomes for young people and their families, particularly mokopuna Māori and whānau. As a New Zealand registered Nurse your strengths include working in partnership to build therapeutic relationships with clients, empowering them to meet their child and whānau’s needs. You will come to us with the ability to actively demonstrate empathy especially when working with families from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. You will need a competent level of word processing, computer and keyboard skills.
- In order to apply for this role you must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, hold a full New Zealand drivers licence and be fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of tikanga and te reo Māori an advantage.
Applications for this role must include a personalised cover letter describing why you would be the right person to join our leading not-for-profit organisation!
To apply for this position or to view the position description please visit www.plunket.org.nz/careers
For further information, please contact Nicola Bernie, Clinical
Services Manager on 021 2452942 or email Nicola.email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday 14th July 2020.
If you are selected for interview, this will take place on Wednesday 29th July 2020.
Job no: FRAX020032
Location: Auckland Region
Closing Date: Tuesday, 14 July 2020