Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurse - Otorohanga / Te Kuiti
Our Nurses are a key part of our communities, often the reassuring voices and clinical experts for new māmā, pāpā and wider support networks as they transition and respond to the demands that come with a growing whānau.
Our Otorohanga/Te Kuiti team are seeking a Registered Nurse to work on a 0.6FTE basis. If you’re looking for a role that moves beyond primary or hospital-based care, where you can provide ongoing support and see the impacts and outcomes of your nursing excellence, this is it.
Te Whiwhinga mahi - The opportunity
- The role is based in Otorohanga and Te Kuiti
- Your focus will be on working in partnership and alongside whanau to support and enhance parenting, assess growth and development of tamariki to optimise health outcomes
- As the Registered Nurse you will be working alongside two other Nurses and a Community Karitane
- The team is part of the greater South Waikato team where we embrace collegial support and connectedness
- You will be supported by the wider team through your orientation, post graduate study and day to day work
We're interested in hearing from new graduates, established nurses and we also have our Return to Nursing Competency Assessment Programme for nurses who have not practiced recently.
A confident people-person, you’ll be able to effectively build rapport to help whānau feel confident with engaging in our service. You'll have connections throughout the region, which you will be comfortable leveraging to best support whānau.
You'll have the ability to work independently while being flexible to also work with the wider Waikato team when we are able to come together. The role requires a high level of time management - ensuring we are managing travel, visits, and documentation.
We expect and encourage all Plunket people to live our values; kia māia - to be courageous, kia Māhaki - to be humble, kia manaaki -to care and kia tūhono - to stand in relationship.
Ngā pukenga me tohunga Motuhake - Skills and qualifications
To be successful in this role you will:
- be a Registered Nurse
- hold eligibility to work in Aotearoa
- hold or be able to obtain an Annual Practicing Certificate
- hold a full clean NZ Driver's Licence
- be committed to completing Post Graduate Certificate in Well Child Tamariki ora (we will pay for this).
If you’re seeking to work for an organisation that values family, communities and people, join us atWhānauĀwhinaPlunket.In line with our values, we believe in caring for our people, to support your wellbeing and ongoingprofessionalgrowth, we offer:
- Work close to home in a community based role
- A predominantly Monday – Friday role, with some flexibility to work around you
- Free car parking at all of our hubs
- 'Well Health Day': the ability to use sick leave for a proactive planned health day
- We'll pay for your Post-Graduate certificate
- Career pathways for leaders,educatorsand head office positions
For further information please Liz Jessup, Clinical Leader on Liz.Jessup@plunket.org.nz or 027 2957 112.
Applications close: 23 March 2023.
Please note, we will process applications as they are received. If we find a successful candidate, we may close this advert early.
Kotahi mano ngā rā hiki te oranga mo ngā whakatipuranga, i roto i ngā hapori