Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurse Graduate role
Whānau Āwhina Plunket – Call for graduating nurses
“In the first 1000 days we make the difference of a lifetime!”
Nau mai haere mai, when you start your nursing career at Plunket – every day is a new opportunity to make the difference of a lifetime in those first 1000 days. We’re committed to providing a safe, well supported, and fun work environment.
Positions are available across the motu of Tamaki Makaurau including the North Shore, West Auckland, Counties Manukau, East Auckland and Central Auckland
We are seeking new graduates who understand the needs and aspirations of whānau with young tamariki in our communities to join our teams to deliver Well Child Tamariki Ora services in line with our three overarching goals:
Healthy tamariki – We make sure every child/tamariki has the opportunity to be as healthy and well as they can be.
Confident whānau – We build the confidence and knowledge of whānau and families across New Zealand.
Connected communities – We make sure no family/whānau is left isolated, disconnected or unable to cope.
Working for Plunket gives you the opportunity to contribute to ensuring New Zealand is a place where we achieve equitable health outcomes and all Tamariki and whānau thrive.
Whānau Āwhina Plunket value and respect our nurses – and you can expect to be treated as such. That’s why we offer:
- A welcoming and thorough orientation with the support of a preceptor and quality systems and policies.
- Paid study to complete a post graduate certificate in Tamariki Ora/Well Child Health.
- A full-time salary of $51,332 per annum in your first year based on 76 hours per fortnight.
- Supportive learning environment for new graduate Nurses
- Technology to support your role (Smart phone and Tablet/computer)
- Flexible day time hours, part time and full time (minimum 0.6FTE)
- A safe working environment that values your health and wellbeing
- A confidential employee assistance programme
- Career pathways into leadership and education
- New graduate nurses may be eligible for the Voluntary Bonding Scheme offered by the Ministry of Health – a payment of $8,499 after your first 3 years of practice.
Success in this role requires an understanding of how to apply Te Tiriti o Waitangi in practice and a commitment to improving outcomes for young people and their families, particularly tamariki Māori and whānau. As a New Zealand registered Nurse your strengths include working in partnership to build therapeutic relationships with clients, empowering them to meet their child and whānau’s needs. You will come to us with the ability to demonstrate empathy especially when working with families from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. You will need a competent level of word processing, computer and keyboard skills.
- In order to apply for this role you must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, hold a full New Zealand drivers licence and be fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of tikanga and te reo Māori an advantage.
Applications for this role must include a personalised cover letter describing why you would like to start your nursing career with Whānau Āwhina Plunket !
If you are selected for interview you will need to be available for Plunket assessment centre on Wednesday 27 May 2020.
For further information, please contact Nicola Bernie, Clinical Services Manager on 021 245 2942 or email email@example.com
To apply for this position or to view the position description please visit www.plunket.org.nz/careers. Applications close 15 April 2020.
Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time
Job no: CQAL020004
Location: Auckland City , Counties Manukau , Auckland Region
Closing Date: Applications close on 15 April 2020