Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Principal Advisor, Performance and Reporting
- Join a supportive workplace with excellent team culture and a rewarding vision
- Use your expertise to help drive a high-performance culture
- Partner with our senior leaders and managers
Help one of New Zealand’s most trusted and respected brands to grow and develop, so we can keep making a difference to Kiwi families.
The first 1000 days of a child’s life are vastly important – and with your help, we can support whānau and communities to achieve our vision. Whānau Āwhina Plunket is committed to giving every New Zealand child the best possible start.
As an experienced Principal Advisor working in performance and reporting, you'll provide intellectual leadership, analysis, and advice on organisational performance and reporting to support Whānau Āwhina Plunket in the delivery of our strategic goals.
You'll work alongside the Head of Performance, Reporting and Assurance to provide timely and effective support to our senior leaders and their teams on planning, performance measurement, monitoring and reporting. You will be a natural collaborator who relishes the opportunity to work across a range of functions to provide tangible results and make a real difference for our tamariki, whānau and communities.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Sound experience in a planning, performance and reporting role – ideally within a government or a not-for-profit organisation.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills with a real passion for turning strategy into action, driving performance improvement and providing insightful reporting that tells the full performance story.
- A flair for translating what can be complex information into simple, easy to understand insights across a multi-layered audience – written and verbally.
- Superb written and oral communication skills including excellent interpersonal and outstanding relationship management skills.
- A mana taurite (pro-equity) mindset with a keen focus on how we can drive improved outcomes for Māori and for all.
Obviously, you’ll also have a strong affinity with Whānau Āwhina Plunket’s strategic direction and values so if this sounds like you, you’re just the sort of person we need.
Key responsibilities within this role are:
- Designing, implementing and managing an integrated planning, performance and reporting framework for Whānau Āwhina Plunket.
- Leading the delivery of our business planning processes.
- Monitoring organisational performance and tracking the impact of our work to deliver positive outcomes for our tamariki, whānau and communities.
- Delivering regular reporting on organisational performance to management, ELT, the Board and other key stakeholders
- Providing quality insights and advice to support decisions on strategic direction, planning and prioritisation.
- Leading and collaborating on Plunket-wide activities aimed at positively impacting outcomes for our tamariki, whānau and communities.
Enabling people to work in a way that supports them to meet their personal commitments and maintain a healthy balance is important to us - as such we are open to flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
Applications close Thursday, 28 January 2021.