Plunket Nurse - Porirua
Permanent, Permanent Full Time
Full time permanent role - Porirua
It’s exciting times at Plunket as we breathe life into a new vision and embark on a strategic journey over the next five years aimed at achieving generational change and really making a difference to the lives of New Zealand children, families and whanau. We believe that in the first 1000 days of a child’s life, we can make the difference of a lifetime – is this you?
As New Zealand's largest provider of support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under the age of five, we have a trusted and respected brand but we are not about to rest on our laurels and become complacent. Plunket people are passionate about what they do and have a shared desire to make a difference. We’re embarking on an exciting transformation and you could help shape it.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to work Full time in Porirua. This is a permanent 0.8FTE role.
To be successful in this position, you will be:
- A Registered Nurse with paediatric experience and/or experience working in a high need community with vulnerable families.
- Committed to undertaking a one year postgraduate certificate programme in Well Child Health
- Committed to practising in a manner that reflects the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- An excellent communicator and fluent in written and spoken English
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships within the community, clients and Plunket Staff
- Holder of a full New Zealand driver's licence with the ability to drive a manual car
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Experienced working with families from diverse cultural and socio economic backgrounds
We offer a supportive flexible working environment, supervision, training and professional development opportunities. If you have the drive to be successful and make a difference, then we want to hear from you.
Your cover letter will need to clearly state how your skills and experience will meet the criteria as outlined in the requirements for being a Plunket Nurse and what value you will bring to our awesome team.
To view the position description & to apply, please go to www.plunket.org.nz/careers
For further information, please contact:
Bridget Robertson, Clinical Leader on 027 605 9965or
email at Bridget.Robertson@plunket.org.nz
Applications must be made online to be considered for these roles
Closing Date: Applications close 14th Octobber 2017