Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Plunket Kaiawhina - Whanganui - Part Time
Kotahi mano ngā rā hiki te oranga mo ngā whakatipuranga, i roto i ngā hapori
Our pro-equity journey is creating exciting career opportunities - If you believe you can positively contribute to better health outcomes for whānau Māori, nau mai, haere mai.
- Are you passionate about improving health outcomes for pēpē, tamariki and whānau?
- Do you have experience working alongside and supporting Whānau Māori, hapū, and iwi?
- Are you confident with te reo Māori and tikanga Māori?
The mahi of our Kaiāwhina supports healthy pēpē, tamariki, confident whānau and connected communities and involves:
- working with whānau Māori with pēpē and tamariki up to five years of age
- focusing on identifying and enhancing whānau strengths and supporting them in achieving their self-determined pae ora goals
- applying mātauranga Māori alongside health promotion, health education, and prevention concepts in their work with whānau, hapū, and iwi.
Whānau Āwhina Plunket is the largest service in Aotearoa supporting the health and wellbeing of pēpē and tamariki under-five and their whānau.
We are committed to working better with whānau Māori, hapū and iwi providers to ensure services meet the needs of Māori. We are on a pro-equity journey where we strive to give life to Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles of Tino Rangatiratanga, partnership, active protection, equity, and options in our mahi/work to ensure healthy pēpē and tamariki, confident whānau and connected communities.
This role is based in the Whanganui area and is a permanent position offering 0.6 (3 days per week).
- A place in a great team where [we all care about making a difference for pēpē and tamariki and their whānau, hapū, and iwi
- Flexible work hours
We need someone who will bring the best of themselves to the role and:
- Has an understanding of and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles of Tino Rangatiratanga, partnership, active protection, equity, and options in our mahi/work to ensure healthy pēpē, tamariki, confident whānau and connected communities.
- Understands a Māori world view, has confidence with te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori (Māori language and customs), and can connect with whānau Māori, hapu and iwi through the process of whakawhanaungatanga.
- Can articulate Māori models of health and contribute to area knowledge to develop health promotion strategies that are acceptable and appropriate to whānau and the community we serve and that deliver equitable health outcomes.
- Has the confidence to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Has a commitment to live our Whānau Āwhina Plunket values; kia māia – to be courageous, kia māhaki – to be humble, kia manaaki – to care and kia tūhono – to stand in relationship.
- Is committed to completing the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Social and Community Services) (Level 4) (Community Health Work) if not already held or to secure recognition of prior learning.
- Has a full New Zealand drivers licence.
- Has the legal right to work in Aotearoa (New Zealand residency strongly preferred)
Apply now to join us in our mahi
To view the position description or to apply for this role please refer to www.plunket.org.nz/careers. For further information please contact Theresa Ryder, Clinical leader on 027 2418052.
Applications close Friday 3 December 2021.
Ma pango, ma whero ka oti te mahi
With black and red, the work will be completed
Whānau Āwhina Plunket has an Immunisation Policy regarding required or recommended vaccinations for all Plunket people (related to COVID as well as other infectious diseases). We require all our kaimahi to be vaccinated for COVID-19 in line with our requirements under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
As a part of the recruitment process, we will ask about your COVID-19 immunisation status for all roles, and will ask you to provide proof of vaccination if successful. If you are concerned, have questions, or have a medical contraindication that you would like to discuss, please feel free to discuss this with our recruitment team or the hiring manager for this role.