Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Kaitiaki - Hostess
It’s exciting times at Plunket as we breathe life into a new vision and embark on a strategic journey aimed at achieving generational change. As New Zealand's largest provider of support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under the age of five, we’re embarking on an exciting transformation to make a difference to the lives of New Zealand children, families and whanau and you could be a part of that.
We are seeking a special someone who is warm, friendly and engaging to fill a role as Kaitaiaki and host for families visiting our newly refurbished centre called Poutokomanawa.
Monday to Friday 4 hours a day– most likely 8.30 to 12.30.
Term: Fixed term contract until end of June 2020
The Kaitiaki will help us to provide a warm and welcoming space for whānau who visit so that they feel at home and able to use the space with their tamariki. They would ensure the centre is fit for purpose and ready for use each day. Also connecting and liaising with staff and helping us to achieve a ‘team approach’ to providing services at the centre.
Some Key tasks include:
- Welcoming whānau to the centre, introducing them to the facility and directing them as required. Supporting the use of the facility as a drop in or hang out space for whānau.
- Ensure the smooth running of the centre and ensure health and safety processes are met.
- Liaise with all staff who use the centre to ensure we work well together for the benefit of our community.
- Work with the Community Support Coordinator to build a team of whānau who want to contribute to activities at the centre
- Maintain supplies and resources and provide refreshments.
What we offer:
- A friendly and thorough orientation to help you become familiar with the requirements of the Kaitaki role informed by our strategies, people, systems and policies.
- Provide and support you with a safe working environment that supports your health and wellbeing.
- Technology to support your role.
- A confidential employee assistance programme
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and knowledge:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills
· Strong relationship building capabilities, with proven experience in establishing trust and rapport with a wide range of people
· A focus on quality, continuous improvement and excellence
· Ability to take initiative and think outside the square in order to take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
· Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a wide range of people, making use of different communication channels
· Ability to self-manage, have excellent time management skills and able to prioritise work as required
· Knowledge and awareness of the Treaty of Waitangi and cultural awareness and respect for the many cultures we have in our communities
- A current First Aid Certificate would be an advantage
- You must have clear communication skills, both verbal and written. If you have knowledge of tikanga and speak te reo Māori that's a bonus!
- In order to apply for this role you must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and hold a full New Zealand drivers licence.
Applications for this role must include a personalised cover letter describing why you would be the right person to join our leading non for profit organisation!
To apply for this position or to view the position description please visit www.plunket.org.nz/careersApplications close 24th November 2019. For further information please contact Lucy.email@example.com
Fixed Term - 6 Months
Job no: KHAO919927
Location: Counties Manukau
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 November 2019