Health Worker - Chirstchurch
Permanent, Permanent Full Time
Health Worker - Christchurch
(Full time Permanent role 0.6FTE - 0.8FTE)
It’s exciting times at Plunket as we breathe life into a new vision and embark on a strategic journey over the next five years aimed at achieving generational change and really making a difference to the lives of New Zealand children, families and whanau. We believe that in the first1000 days of a child’s life, we can make the difference of a lifetime - who wouldn’t want to be part of that?
As New Zealand's largest provider of support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under the age of five, we have a trusted and respected brand but we are not about to rest on our laurels and become complacent. Plunket people are passionate about what they do and have a shared desire to make a difference. We’re embarking on an exciting transformation and you could help shape it.
The Health Worker role will be based in Christchurch. Your focus will be on improving health outcomes within a variety of settings to promote health, education and to support parenting choices with individuals, whanau and groups.
We offer you a supportive working environment, supervision, training and professional development opportunities.
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence to work both independently and within a team environment
Require to be confident facilitators with children and adults, as this is a significant part of the role, and, continues to increase as we change the way we present information to our communities.
- Experience in working with vulnerable families
- Ability to work alongside families in a supportive and caring manner
- An understanding and an acceptance of different cultures and parenting practices that make up our community
- Have an understanding and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Health Promotion experience and a related qualification
- A commitment to complete the National Certificate in Tamariki Ora – Well Child Services programme
- Hold a full, clean New Zealand drivers licence
- New Zealand residency is essential
This is a permanent full time role with 0.6 to 0.8 FTE.
To view the position description, or to apply, please go to www.plunket.org.nz/careers
For further information please contact:
Anne-marie Hewitt | Clinical Leader - Canterbury/West Coast on 027 687 6234 or
Email at Anne-Marie.Hewitt@plunket.org.nz
Salary is reflective of the not for profit space that we operate within. Applications must be made online to be considered for this position
Closing Date: Applications close 25/10/17