Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Family Start Family Worker - Tauranga
Are you passionate about improving health outcomes for children?
Use your counselling, social work or early childhood skills to help families create strong & positive futures for their children.
It’s exciting times at Plunket as we breathe life into a new vision and embark on a strategic journey over the next five years aimed at achieving generational change and really making a difference to the lives of New Zealand children, families and whanau. We believe that in the first 1000 days of a child’s life, we can make the difference of a lifetime - who wouldn’t want to be part of that?
As New Zealand's largest provider of support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under the age of five, we have a trusted and respected brand but we are not about to rest on our laurels and become complacent. Plunket people are passionate about what they do and have a shared desire to make a difference. We’re embarking on an exciting transformation and you could help shape it.
Our teams of Plunket people provide services to help families and communities We are looking for an experienced and qualified family worker to support families in the Tauranga area and join New Zealand's largest provider of support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under the age of five. This stimulating, fast paced role will see you work within an intensive home based visiting context, supporting and advocating for families to develop their strengths, resources, and problem solving abilities, to increase social, health, and educational outcomes. This role is a fixed term role to cover parental leave (ending November 2020), part time, 30 hours per week.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience with child focussed strength based practice principles
- Proven experience in cross cultural client engagement
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Excellent family support assessment abilities
- Experience supporting families with parenting skills, and family violence
- The ability to identify signs of abuse and neglect and engage with families where signs of safety are an issue
- Experience in child protection
- The ability to prioritise workload levels within a structured approach
- Knowledge of interagency and other support systems
- Registration or eligibility for registration with relevant professional bodies in either Early Childhood, Health or Social work. Qualifications of level 7 are needed for this role.
Plunket people are passionate about what they do and have a shared desire to make a difference. If you have what we are looking for and would like to work collaboratively with families to secure positive long term outcomes, apply now.
To view the position description or to apply for this role please refer to www.plunket.org.nz/careers.
For further information please contact Donna Nathan, Family Start Team Leader on 021-511-846 or email@example.com
Applications close 22nd November 2019.
Job no: KFAM919925
Location: Bay of Plenty
Closing Date: Applications close 22nd November 2019