Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Community Karitane / Plunket Kaiawhina - Balclutha
Are you passionate about improving health outcomes for children?
- Do you have experience working and supporting communities?
Do you want to make a difference in your community?
We believe that in the first 1000 days of a child’s life, we can make the difference of a lifetime - who wouldn’t want to be part of that? At Plunket we aim to make a difference to the lives of New Zealand children, families and whanau.
As New Zealand's largest provider of support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under the age of five, we have a trusted and respected brand, but we are not about to become complacent. Plunket people are passionate about what they do and have a shared desire to make a difference.
We’re embarking on an exciting transformation and you could help shape it.
This Community Health Worker role will be based in Balclutha, South Otago. Your focus will be on improving health outcomes within a variety of settings to promote health, education and to support parenting choices with individuals, groups and whanau
We offer you a supportive working environment, supervision, training and professional development opportunities.
To be successful you will have:
- Have an understanding and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence to work both independently and within a team environment
- Experience in working with vulnerable families
- Ability to work alongside families in a supportive and caring manner
- An understanding and an acceptance of different cultures and parenting practices that make up our community
- Health Promotion experience or a related qualification
- A commitment to complete the New Zealand Certificate in Health & Well-being (Social & Community Services)
- Hold a full, clean New Zealand drivers licence
- New Zealand residency is essential
This is a permanent part-time position, 0.5 FTE. The successful applicant will commence the week beginning 27 January 2020. Applications must be made online to be considered for this position
To view the position description or to apply for this role please refer to www.plunket.org.nz/careers. For further information please contact Brigid Jenkinson, Clinical Leader Otago 027 543 1221
Applications close: 5pm Monday 18th November 2019
Permanent Part Time
Job no: KFAL919924
Closing Date: Monday, 18 November 2019