Registered Nurse - Kaitaia
Plunket - In the first 1000 days we make the difference of a lifetime
We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse to join our busy team to deliver Well Child Tamariki Ora services in line with our three overarching goals;
Healthy tamariki – We make sure every child/tamariki has the opportunity to be as healthy and well as they can be. (0-5 years)
Confident whānau – We build the confidence and knowledge of whānau and families across New Zealand.
Connected communities – We make sure no family/whānau is left isolated, disconnected or unable to cope.
Working for Plunket gives you the opportunity to contribute to ensuring New Zealand is a place where all Tamariki and whānau thrive.
What we offer:
- A friendly and thorough orientation to help you become familiar with the requirements of the Plunket Nurse role informed by our strategies, people, systems and policies.
- Provide and support you through the completion of a one year post graduate certificate in Tamariki Ora/Well Child Health.
- A safe working environment that supports your health and wellbeing
- Technology to support your role (Smart phone and Tablet/computer)
- A confidential employee assistance programme
Success in this role requires an appreciation and understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and a commitment to improving outcomes for young people and their families, particularly mokopuna Māori and whānau. As a New Zealand registered Nurse your strengths include working in partnership to build therapeutic relationships with clients, empowering them to meet their child and whānau’s needs. An ability to actively demonstrate empathy especially when working with families from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. A competent level of word processing, computer and keyboard skills.
- In order to apply for this role you must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, hold a full New Zealand drivers licence and be fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of tikanga and te reo Māori an advantage.
Applications for this role must include a personalised cover letter describing why you would be the right person to join our leading non for profit organisation!
To apply for this position or to view the position description please visit www.plunket.org.nz/careers.
Applications close Thursday 16 August 2018
For further information, please contact Dot Johnson, Clinical Leader on 027 452 1408 or email email@example.com
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 2018-105
Closing Date: Applications close 16 August 2018