Head of Business Intelligence
It’s exciting times at Plunket as we breathe life into a new vision and embark on a strategic journey aimed at achieving generational change. As New Zealand's largest provider of support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under the age of five, we’re embarking on an exciting transformation to make a difference to the lives of New Zealand children, families and whanau and you could be a part of that.
Plunket has been successful in delivering for New Zealand families and has evolved the use of data and information to identify and assess where and how to make the biggest difference. Plunket develops an “information culture” whereby business decisions and planning are supported by trusted information.
We are looking for an ideal candidate with the below qualities...
- Accurate, timely reporting and insights provided to users with increasing sophistication and value over time
- Management of Plunket’s data warehouse or operational data store (core source) of trusted data.
- Master data management including semantic layer management, and eventually, inclusion of external data and “big” data.
- Experience in leadership of a small team of BI professionals
- Live Plunket’s values of Trust, Quality, Inclusiveness and Commitment
- Act as one team across the Plunket Connect LT
- Think commercially – make decisions based on an understanding of benefits, costs, and risks to and of achieving those benefits
- Ability to collaboratively consult with consumers of information to understand needs
To be successful for the role, you will need;
- Experience in business intelligence within the health and/or social care service delivery sectors (preferred)
- Experience in information architecture and data architecture.
- Experienced in leading BI teams and BI delivery
- Experience in data warehousing and business intelligence strategies, architectures, designs and tools
- Experienced in data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration) technologies
- Experienced in the Microsoft BI toolset, including SQL servicer, SSIS, SSRS, and CRM Online (Dynamics) (preferred)
- BI Competency Center or Center of Excellence (BICC, BICOE).
- Awareness of and interest in new and emerging Business Intelligence technologies, including Big Data with skills in creating clear documentation – for technical, non-technical and management audiences.
This is a full time permanent role, based in Wellington City centre.
Applications close 16 June 2018
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 2018-092
Closing Date: Applications close 16 June 2018.