Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Full Time ECE Teacher - fixed term to mid-December
Meadowbank Plunket Preschool is currently looking for a fixed term, full time (40 hours per week), qualified and fully registered ECE teacher, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to join their dedicated and passionate team. We are licensed for 20 children ranging from 2-5years old and have a small team.
Here at Meadowbank Plunket Preschool, we have a strong focus on sustainability we are a small Preschool offering 6 hour and full day sessions. We maintain good links with our local schools and continue to establish relationships with the wider community.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following skills:
- Able to support children to develop positive attitudes, skills and knowledge, guided by the principles and goals of Te Whariki.
- Ability to build responsive reciprocal relationships/whanaungatanga our children, their whanau, and our local and wider community.
- Value and respect the diversity of all cultures while validating the Treaty of Waitangi and incorporating bicultural practices within our daily programme.
- Encouragement for children to respect themselves, others and the world around them within an inclusive, stimulating and safe environment that encompasses sustainable practices.
- Compassion in deepening children's knowledge, understanding and skills through play, in a fun learning environment, that follows the children's interests.
- Able to empower children by giving them opportunities to be advocates for their own learning.
- Adaptability to be open to supporting staff going through registration or being an A.T. for student teachers on placement.
We are also looking for someone who has:
- Passion about nature and commitment to sustainability, which you naturally weave in to your teaching and learning experiences with children
- A positive, up-beat, give it a go attitude who works well within a fun, close bonded working team.
- Confidence in their teaching, with a warm and welcoming approach
- Willingness to show initiative, and take responsibility
- Skills in planning and assessment, and reflective practice
- An interest and or experience with transition to school programmes
- Able to produce meaningful and authentic documentation that reflects the child and their learning
- Competence in using ICT as a teaching tool
- Enjoys sharing cake and coffee or tea, if you are that way inclined, and has a sense of humour and enthusiasm.
- Is open to change and transition within a team / company environment.
Applications close on 01 October 2020.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
Job no: ICAL020066
Location: Auckland City
Closing Date: Applications close 01 October 2020