Family Start Worker
Family Start Worker
2 X Permanent Positions
It’s exciting times at Plunket as we breathe life into a new vision and embark on a strategic journey over the next five years aimed at achieving generational change and really making a difference to the lives of New Zealand children, families and whanau. We believe that in the first 1000 days of a child’s life, we can make the difference of a lifetime – is this you?
As New Zealand's largest provider of support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under the age of five, we have a trusted and respected brand but we are not about to rest on our laurels and become complacent. Plunket people are passionate about what they do and have a shared desire to make a difference. We’re embarking on an exciting transformation and you could help shape it.
Plunket is looking for experienced, qualified Family Workers in the high quality delivery of the Family Start service in Manawatu.
The team will be based at Plunket Area Office, Palmerston North and will work alongside the Plunket team and the wider community.
This stimulating, fast paced role will see you work within an intensive home based visiting context, supporting and advocating for families to develop their strengths, resources, and problem solving abilities, to increase social, health, and educational outcomes.
Experience with child focussed strength based practice principles
- Proven experience in cross cultural client engagement
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Excellent family support assessment abilities
- Experience supporting families with parenting skills, and family violence
- The ability to identify signs of abuse and neglect and engage with families where signs of safety are an issue
- Experience in child protection
- The ability to prioritise workload levels within a structured approach
- Knowledge of interagency and other support systems
- Registration or eligibility for registration with relevant professional bodies in either Early Childhood, Health or Social work. Qualifications of level 7 are needed for this role.
If you have the knowledge, skills and experience we need and would like to work collaboratively with families to secure positive long term outcomes, apply now.
To view the position description or to apply for this role please refer to www.plunket.org.nz/careers
Applications must be made online to be considered for this role
If you require further information, please contact Stephanie Hansen, Parenting Programmes Manager on 027 257 2084
Applications Close 21 June 2018
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 2018-090
Closing Date: Applications close on 21 June 2018